Friday, January 27, 2012

Hotel Review – Red Lion Richland Hanford House


I typically book Hilton brands when I travel for work but this time the University actually purchased my airfare and hotel.  They selected the Red Lion Richland Hanford House as the best rate.  I’ve seen the Red Lion brand around but this was my first time staying at one. 

The hotel’s website notes a complimentary shuttle to and from the Pasco airport.  I called the hotel once I landed and was informed that they would call a taxi for me which was waiting outside the airport by the time I left the terminal.  The ride took about 15 minutes to get to the hotel and thankfully the hotel paid the taxi driver when I arrived.

The lobby was rather spacious and the hotel has quite a large amount of conference and meeting rooms.  My guess is that they have the largest flat floor space for events in the Tri-Cities area.  Check-n was quick and I was on my way to my first floor room.  The floor plan is a tad bit humorous as it looks like a question mark on its side. 

My hotel room was decent although dated.  Two queen beds, a work station, flat screen TV, and dresser were provided.  The closet has an iron and board which is a plus.  Two feet outside the floor to ceiling window was a parking lot.  The bathroom must have been recently remodeled as it was very nice and included decent products.   The funniest part of the room was the thermostat which must have been from the 50’s as it didn’t even have degrees marked on the metal dial, just warmer or colder.  This presented a few problems for me in regulating my temperature at night. 




A breakfast buffet was offered for $7.95 and included eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, cereal, and drinks.  It wasn’t the greatest value but it did work for me in the morning.  Their photos advertising the breakfast buffet were very misleading though.  Free Wi-Fi is included on a daily basis.  Internet speed was good. 

I still prefer my Hilton brands but if the price is right for these hotels and they are near a client, I may have to opt for one again.  I would equate it to a lower end / older style Hampton Inn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment