Saturday, January 21, 2012

Israel Trip Report Part 10 – United First Class Denver to Orange County


Trip Report – Israel 2011
  1. United #1273: Orange County, CA (SNA) to Newark, NJ (EWR)
  2. United #90: Newark, NJ (EWR) to Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV)
  3. Tour of Jerusalem and Bethlehem
  4. Tour of Caesarea, Rosh Hanikra, and Acre
  5. Tour of Petra
  6. Tel Aviv
  7. Grand Beach Hotel Review
  8. United #91:  Tel Aviv, Israel (TLV) to Newark, NJ (EWR)
  9. United #311:  Newark, NJ (EWR) to Denver, CO (DEN)
  10. United #403:  Denver, CO (DEN) to Orange County, CA (SNA)
Part 10 – United First Class Denver to Orange County

United Airbus 320
Seat:  2A
Cabin:  First
Date:  01/18/12
Scheduled Departure:  12:26pm
Actual Departure:  12:23pm
Scheduled Arrival:  1:51pm
Actual Arrival:  1:41pm

I was feeling worse and worse as the morning progressed.  I waited at the gate after visiting the lounge and grabbed my seat quickly once on board.  I don’t have much to say about this flight as I was asleep before we took off and only woke up when we were on final approach into Orange County.  We arrived about ten minutes early and I was anxious to grab a taxi and get home.  All I had to do was head to the baggage claim to wait for my bag to get off the plane.  I headed downstairs and waited.  And kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting until all the bags were claimed.  The United luggage agent asked what flight I was waiting for and informed me that all the bags were unloaded from the Denver flight. 

I knew that my luggage would get lost.  I rarely if ever check a bag and I shouldn’t have checked it this time.  At least my bag wasn’t lost on the way to vacation!  The agent was able to pull up the tracking record for my bag and found out that it was send to San Diego (SAN) instead of Orange County (SNA).  I suppose it is an easy enough of a mistake to make but I still wasn’t happy.  The funny part is that my bag would first have to be sent to San Francisco before it could get to Orange County.  I would be able to pick up my bag the next day. 

Although the vacation was great, I was ready to be home in my bed and visit the doctor the next day to check on my ear infection.  

No comments:

Post a Comment